Xtreme Mower Mayhem

Hot Rod Toyz: Est 2005

Forums

Forum Home > Garage Hobby Discussion > small truck 14 inch tires

Zeeke

Me and dad were thinking about putting 14 inch mud tires like off a small ranger or dakota on one of our muddin mowers. we didnt really plan on jackn it up just puttin the 14 inch tires and rims right on the original mower rims nd cuttn out the fenders and maknour own fenders. Any ideas of how to do this?

--

December 11, 2010 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kel Anthony
Site Owner

You can use a hub/spindle assembly from a small trailer OR from a salvage yard.

+_*

Kel

December 14, 2010 at 7:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zeeke

that would work the next question is how would I get the hub on the orginal transmission hub? I also thought about gettn a hub off another mower like on the old Jacobsen chief mowers that have two set screws and a key that holds the hub on the axle. I have an old jackobsen thats like that so i might find some of those hubs.

--

December 20, 2010 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kel Anthony
Site Owner

Did you figure it out yet?

January 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zeeke

not yet still thinkn.

--

January 16, 2011 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kel Anthony
Site Owner

try take the mower rim...without the tire....and set it inside the truck rim,

if its centered and made from steel, you can always weld it.

January 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

wizzard

but to add to kels reply never weld to a rim that has a tire mounted on it! take 10 min and watch this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBUVzgCHHuA&feature=related

--

January 19, 2011 at 9:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jagilb@kcweb.net

HOLY SHAT!  I have welded hubs before with the tire still on it. the weld in the video was closer to the bead than I was welding. later in the video they talked about busting the bead and it still blew up. I will be taking the tire completly off next time.

Back to the OP,  might need the offset to get past the foot rest, unless you plan on hacking them up too. saw some trailer hubs at TSC the other day for $19 each. not sure of the hole spacing (5 on 4.75 in think) or if you plan on big tires on the front. might be an option?

January 20, 2011 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Zeeke

ill have to look into it and find some rims.

--

January 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.