Xtreme Mower Mayhem

Hot Rod Toyz: Est 2005

Forums

Forum Home > Garage Hobby Discussion > enduro mower

Zeeke

Hey Kel.

Hey i was gonna make an enduro mower out of a shift on the go but the commit drive screwed up when it got muddy but anywho im makn one out of a crafstman and I was wnderig what a good speed for it to go is? and if it would be better lowerd or stock highth and were are the eduro races at?  and one last question    would an 11 horse briggs be big enough or should i put the twin on it?

--

February 15, 2011 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kel Anthony
Site Owner

Enduro racing here are in NorthEastern Wisconsin, Green Bay area. As far as lowering, you really want to keep it at stock height. This type of off road racing is totally based on your skill as a builder and how much you can handle the elements yourself. I really perfer an 11 HP or 12HP Briggs...either a 28 Model OR a 25 Model. These numbers can be found on the engine above the spark plug.  Lets just say 11 HP and 12 HP are like GOLD!!!! They are easy to modify, and your cost for upkeep is very small. Under 20 bucks. My current Enduro use an 11 HP, Peerless 3-speed Transaxle, 4.5 inch front pulley, 3.5 inch rear pulley. A skid plate for the bottom of the mower,to protect the belt system for rock,logs and such.

+_*

Kel

February 16, 2011 at 7:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zeeke

Do you think there would be any in ohio?  and its one of the older 11 hp briggs.  it is stock height now.

--

February 16, 2011 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kel Anthony
Site Owner

Any enduro in Ohio?.......Oh I'm sure, I just dont have any info to when or where. If I had a TV show that would put up events around the country...LOL..Heck- I'd be there doing it..=)

+_*

Kel

February 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Zeeke

ill try to find some in ohio.

--

February 20, 2011 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sean

can you post pics of the enduro. and does the motor have to be the original. cause i just put a 16 kho;er in my my dynamark 11/36

February 25, 2011 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

wizzard

sean at February 25, 2011 at 5:27 PM

can you post pics of the enduro. and does the motor have to be the original. cause i just put a 16 kho;er in my my dynamark 11/36

check out this link for the enduro rules http://www.xtrememowermayhem.com/mowerenduro.htm

--

February 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kel Anthony
Site Owner

Once I get my derby finished, I'll post build pics of the Enduro mower.

March 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.